The Roman-Catholic Dome in Timișoara, dedicated to St. George, is the cathedral of the Roman-Catholic Episcopacy in the region. It was built in brick between 1736 and 1774 in Viennese Baroque style and is adorned with stone and stucco ornaments. The church’s interior is richly decorated, exhibiting sumptuous sculptures, statues and altars in Baroque and Rococo style, old icons, a Louis XVI organ and ornamented oak doors.
Nowadays, in the Roman-Catholic Dome are held religious services in Romanian, Hungarian and German. Numerous organ concerts are organized here, due to the church’s excellent acoustic.
How to get there:
The Roman-Catholic Dome is situated in the Union Square.