Caşin Monastery, dedicated to St Archangels Michael and Gabriel, is one of the largest Orthodox churches in Bucharest. The church, which combines the Brâncovenesc style (with columns at the entrance) with the Neo-Byzantin one (mosaics decorations, tall and spacious architecture), took its name from a nearby street, which was named after a village in Moldavia, near Bacău, called Mânăstirea Cașin.

The church, situated close to the Triumphal Arch and Herăstrău Park, was designed by the Patriarchy’s architect, D. Ionescu-Berechet, and built between 1935 and 1958. The interior and exterior decorations of the church were stopped by the start of World War II, and did not continue before 1946. In the following years, the church’s iconostasis was designed by the same architect and created by three artists who used marble and alabaster. The icons were made on mosaic, being the first in Romania to be made entirely using Murano glass.